Research recently commissioned by Whirlpool Europe shows that, even in the recessionary times, for 57% of UK consumers environmental considerations are as important as getting the best value deal when making a purchase. When it comes to buying household appliances, low energy and water consumption are top of the list.
The research has also revealed that
- 88% of consumers are switching off lights when the room is empty
- 87% are using energy saving light bulbs
- 83% are separating waste
- 81% are using the washing machine with a full load
- 62% are using less water by taking a shower instead of a bath
- 66% are making sure the TV is not on stand-by, but switched off completely.
Whirlpool’s washing machines (complete with SuperEco wash program and detergent optimisation system) and dishwashers are helping consumers to save money by saving energy and water. For example, on the new AquaSteam 9769 washing machine, Whirlpool’s 6th Sense technology adjusts energy and water usage to wash load, saving up to 50% of energy and water.